The orthodox community
The « Orthodox Association for a New World » (name of the orthodox Fondacio association) was funded in 2001. Its headquarters are located in the Theology faculty “Andrei Saguna” in Sibiu.
The team :
Alexandru Barna is president of the association and head of Fondacio Romania.
Father Vasile Grăjdian is Honorary President.
Nicușor Golișteanu is vice-president and Head of Finances and fundraising, Georgeta Barna Had of Projects in Bucarest,
Elena Simion head of Pastoral projects for teenagers in Bucarest, Alin Anitas Heas of Sibiu’s headquarters and of Pastoral Projects for Teenagers in Sibiu.
Main activities of the community :
- The Development – Self-knowledge project aims at teenagers (14-18 years old) in partnership with some Sibiu and later Bucharest high schools. It included monthly meetings (Paschal tehmes), volunteering activities, themed weekends, and a yearly summer camp organized in the Tismana monastry, in Gorj’s region.
- The major « Equal opportunities » project : started in May 2008, in the frame of a partnership between the Metropolis of Transylvania and the Orthodox Association for a New World. It provides career guidance, psychological, social, emotional and religious support, to young orphans needing to leave the place where they where living, and have difficulties finding a job.
- Future projects :
- Implement and develop of the main project for youth, the Youth and Hope forum, in neighbour orthodox countries like Moldavia and Ukraine;
- A new pastoral project dedicated to family ;
- A pastoral project dedicated to pre-teens (12 to 14 years-old) ;
- Information and training sessions for the development of the possibilities of financial support for the projects of the association through European funding ;
- Pastoral training sessions for active volunters.
L’Association Orthodoxe pour un Nouveau Monde
Strada Mitropoliei, nr. 20
(Facultatea de Teologie„Andrei Şaguna”, camera 6).
Phone number 0374.02.92.00/0748.03.22.17