News from the ANGE project

Children make up almost half of the Togolese population, nearly 3 million minors. The number of children working and living on the street or at the beach is increasing day by day. In 10 years, this number has increased 200% in Lomé.


ANGEL ("Friends for a New Generation of Children") is a socio-professional reintegration project for street, beach and prison children in Lomé. In total, ANGE follows more than 600 young people, most of whom have been reintegrated into their families or into foster care. About 80% are in school. The remaining 20% ​​receive vocational training in four major areas: building, automotive, secretarial and personal care. The association finances their schooling and ensures regular monitoring of the child. The shelter hosts nearly 70 children who are out of social contact. ANGE also collaborates with the Juvenile Brigade to monitor young prisoners and provides a presence and entertainment for children living on the beach.


As part of the ANGE project, an agro-pastoral farm was created in Sichem: Mon Refuge. Its objective is to enable ANGE to acquire its food autonomy through agricultural production and livestock breeding, to train young people from the center who would like to move towards the agricultural professions, and to improve the quality of education. provided to the children of the reception center.

associated file

Add new comment

Restricted HTML

  • You can align images (data-align="center"), but also videos, blockquotes, and so on.
  • You can caption images (data-caption="Text"), but also videos, blockquotes, and so on.